[Advaita-l] RE: Dasa Avatars(In response to Shri B. Shankar)

kalyan chakravarthy kalyan_kc at hotmail.com
Mon May 19 15:48:09 CDT 2003

Namaskaaram,

>Did you know that the GauDapaadiiya KArikA is
>considered to be one of the most important works in
>the Shankaran tradition, and that one of the accepted
>theories in advaita VedAnta is that the locus of
>ignorance is the supreme Self (KArikA 2.19)?
>
>Before you go about making absurd statements, please
>try and remedy your ignorance of the advaita
>tradition. Suggested readings:

Can you show me where in the vedanta would you find the idea of brahman
being deluded? As evidence, you have to present me the original text of the
upanishad in sanskrit. That brahman is free from all sorts of misery is THE
vedantic idea. If you want to claim that brahman is being deluded, then your
idea has no support in vedanta.(That is my understanding of vedanta) You
cannot impose your subjectivity on brahman and claim it to be vedanta.

If however you are able to show me *from vedanta* that avidya can affect
brahman Itself, then I promise you that I will accept defeat humbly and
unsubscribe from this forum.

Best Regards
Kalyan