[Advaita-l] Re: [advaitin] Some relief for youse all!

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 11:49:00 CDT 2003

Thanks Benjamin  and Stig Lundgren, for the heart warming testimonials.
With that kind of support, I am happy to announce that the audiotapes of
the lectures of the Memorial Day Weekend spiritual camp on Upadesa saara
text are now available.  There are 8 tapes all together and Shree Balan,
Secretary of the Chinmaya Mission Washington Regional Center, informs me
that the quality of the tapes is excellent.  The total costs of the
tapes is $20/- and shipping costs are $5/- within US.  Those who want to
order the tapes can send an email to  "S. Balan" sbalan at cox.net and mail
the check to (Attn: S. Balan) Chinmaya Mission, 46 Norwood Road, Silver
Spring, MD 20905.  The checks are payable to Chinmaya Mission.

Of course I can always blame the tape recorder if you find any faults in
the lectures.  The credit of course goes to my Teacher who taught me
what I know.

Hari OM!
Sadananda

> I might add this.  I recently attended most of Sadanandaji's  two
> lectures on the Upadesa Saram.  I made a most fascinating discovery.
> Sri Sadanadaji is a SUPERB public lecturer.  I may not always be able
> to follow everything on his posts, due to language shortcomings, but
> for some strange (perhaps mystical!) reason I could easily absorb the
> meaning of his words in public.  It's quite rare that I can listen to
> someone for several hours and not notice the time passing!  Much to
> my surprise, my understanding of Advaita was actually deepened.
>
> When I came in yesterday, I was bursting with enthusiasm to write a
> long account of whatever I could remember from the lectures.
  But it doesn't
> matter, because any verbal account is a poor substitute for the
> actual experience of listening to a talented public speaker.
>
> Om!
> Benjamin

Dear Benjamin,

Yes indeed, Sadanandaji is an excellent lecturer! A year ago he visited
my hometown Stockholm, Sweden, and we met every evening for ten days or
so. I also invited him to the Ganesha temple (the temple of the Tamil
community here in Stockholm) where he delivered a truly excellent
lecture on the logic of spiritually. He surely made an impression on the
audience, and one of my friends (a mosleem sufi interested in Vedanta)
still talks about this event everytime I meet him. Therefore, I would
strongly recommend the members of this list (at least if you live in the
Washington area) to attend Sadanandaji´s lectures.

Warm regards
Stig Lundgren

=====
What you have is His gift to you and what you do with what you have is your gift to Him - Swami Chinmayananda.