[Advaita-l] e-vEdAnta course

Bhadraiah Mallampalli vaidix at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 22:36:07 CST 2003

Shri Jaldhar,

The subject "e-vEdAnta course" has nothing to do with what is being
discussed. Sorry for the confusion. No, it was not about paying to learn
vedanta.

The need for organization mentioned by Sri Krishnamoorthy is a continuation
the closed topic re: the art of vedic chanting, and hopefully learning the
use of those chants in vedic yajnas, and so on. We can not let these ancient
arts become extinct just because we got a new 'toy' of vedanta.

If vedanta says every thing is born from Aum. Vedic chanting is the art
which deals with the subject how individual varNas are born from Aum. As per
chapter 18 of taittireeya praatizaakhya there are no less than 6 styles of
chanting Aum. The methodology of chanting, the complicated rules re: changes
in varNas between paada patha to other pathas, e.g., when a short svara
becomes long svara or vice versa, when an ooshma becomes sparza etc,
pragrahas & avagrahas, the various metres, etc are all again intricately
linked to the practice of vedanta and prANAyAma.

Best regards
Bhadraiah