[Advaita-l] Request

Raghavendra N Kalyan kalyan7429 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 19 12:14:17 CDT 2003

>> When Such a simple thing can give moksha to a ordinary
>> man, why should he study all the other works of great
>>people.

>Because it can't.  There is no "magic spell" that can give anyone >moksha.
>Bondage is caused by ignorance so only the opposite of ignorance can
>result in liberation.  It's not a question of whether one recites one name
>or 100,000, if it is done without jnana it will not avail.

This is significant. Because in the present day there are too many gurus saying too many things and sometimes the same guru says things which are completely inconsistent. Given this, I would appreciate it if the scholars in this list focus on removing the wrong notions that circulate currently. Can the scholars in this list please tell us the correct methods prescribed by our shAstra-s?