[Advaita-l] "The Problem of Evil"

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 24 10:36:15 CDT 2003

We can look at it this way.

My vaasana-s determine my world of experinces - your vasanaas determine
his world, and other peoples world is determined by thier vaasanas.
The total world is the result of sum total of all vaasnaa-s.  If my
vaasana-s are good the world around me will be good - if my vaasana-s
are bad the world also will be evil.  If we want to have a better world,
we need to develop better samashTi vaasana-s.  We create our world - God
is a factor who create the world demanded by the samashhTi vaasana-s.
World is nothing but expression of our vaasana-s.

We can create a world free of evil - if we all work for it!

Future vaasnaa-s are nothing but past vaasanaas modified by present
action.  The problem of evil rests squarely on us! Let us stop
complaining but work for the betterment of the world. UttishhTa -
Jaagrata - Arise and awake is the call of Vedanta.

Hari OM!
Sadananda

=====
What you have is His gift to you and what you do with what you have is your gift to Him - Swami Chinmayananda.