[Advaita-l] RE: Brahma Sutra-supreme brahman

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Tue Apr 6 22:32:40 CDT 2004

That seems like the best explanation of the term. It is very common to
refer
to the state of moksha as "viShNoH paramam padam". The word viShNu here
need
not be taken as a reference to viShNu with form. Rather, it refers to the
upaniShadic statements that having created the universe, brahman enters it.
The verb root "viS" means to enter, and therefore Brahman is called viShNu.
However, although Brahman enters the universe, as it were, it remains apart
and unaffected. The term "param padam" draws our attention to this.

sAshtAnga praNAm Sri Vidya prabhuji
Hare Krishna

prabhuji, we also say ye tad viShNum mahAgnEyam, treating
parabrahman/viShNu as jnEya vastu, how to reconcile this with the above
viShNu definition??  does shruti talking here about saguNa brahman as jnEya
prabhuji?? pls. clarify.

Your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar