RES: [Advaita-l] RE: Questions

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Apr 20 17:09:56 CDT 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Martone wrote:

> Thank you very much for the answers, all those who answered me but..it
> sounded strange to me that  most of the answers to my questions remained on
> the discussion about the Sankara Jayanti Day..

I can think of two reasons why:

1) Because that was an easier question to answer :-)

2) Because the circumstances of each persons life are so different it is
   not possible to give one pat answer.

> I really would like to learn from you the different ways each one lives as
> an advaitin or a student of advaita..I believe it is not a "conceptual"
> discussion, I believe it is very real and alive condition.
> Thank you and understand my questions as an atempt to learn and see how to
> live Advaita teachings.

Actually I think we did touch upon this the last time you asked.  The key
word is vairagya.  To decrease as much as possible the attachment to the
non-real and finite is to live an Advaitic life.  The easiest way is to
simply become a monk.  But actually for most people that's not so easy!