[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 12, Issue 26* Shankara Jayanthi)

Vivekshankar Natarajan nvivekshankar at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 15:55:47 CDT 2004

Pranams to all fellow advaitha jignasus.

I totally agree with Rohit ji when he mentions the greatness of Acharya. One interesting thing is that Acharya was probably the one of his kind who has composed on probabaly all Gods and Godesses in  the Hindu Pantheon. He has a range of shlokas starting from the very easy (Ganesha Pancharatnam)  to the melodious(Subramanya Bhujangam, Soundarya Lahari) to the deeply philosophical (Dakshinamurthi Shlokam, Dasashloki).

We can spend out entire lives trying to read and learn from the great man. It was a monumental task to travel the length and breadth of India in span of mere 32 years atleast three times. To vanquish the opposing philosophies and to attain the sarvagna peeta in kashmir was the crowning glory that acknowledged his genious. We are fortunate to have an unbroken chain of gurus starting from him in our guru parampara.

Sadashiva Samarambham Shankaracharya Madyamam
Asmad Acharya Paryantham Vande Guru Paramparam.

Namami Shankara Bhagavad Pada Shankaram Loka Shankaram

Vivek Shankar

 400,South Oak Street,#243,

Arlington,76010.

Tel:817-548-9082

Arise ,Awake and Stop not till the Goal is Reached !