[Advaita-l] Question on Sarpa sUkta of Krishna Yajur veda

Ajit Krishnan ajit at mudgala.com
Sat Dec 4 17:01:50 CST 2004

Sarpa Suktam:

namo astu sarpebhyaH : 		Taittiriya Samhita 4.2.8
idam sarpebhyaH : 		Taittiriya Brahmana 3.1.1
nighR^ishvairasamaayutaiH : 	Taittiriya Aranyaka 1.12

The first part is found among the udaka-shanti mantras. The second & third
parts are taken from the nakshatra sukta & aruna prashna respectively.

	ajit