[Advaita-l] Vaastu Suktam (fwd)

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sat Dec 25 01:06:54 CST 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: subhanu saxena <subhanu at hotmail.com>

I was trying to post the below to the list, but could not:

I was after a long time looking at the archives during my vacation, and
noticed Sri Ramakrishna Balasubramaniam's question on Vaastu Suktam as
part of a chain on Sarpa Suktam (which was answered I believe)

The Vaastu Homa mantras are found in the ekAgni kANDam of the Apastamba
sUtra tradition of taittiriya sakha:

Vaasto'shpate prati jaaniihyasmaan...

Vaasto'shpate shagmayaa...
Vaasto'shate prataraNo na edhi..
Ameevahaa vaasto'shpate...
shivam shivam

Also, there was a question relating to the mantra "subrahmaNyom". This
occurs in Aruna Prashna of Taittiriya Aranyaka, and is a quote of a
famous Sama Veda chant. There is a recording of this Sama Veda chant in
the Frits Staal rare recordings of the 4 vedas from the early 1970's (in
which he also has some recordings of probably now extinct Sama Veda
sakhas), in case any body has heard it
Regards
Subhanu