[Advaita-l] Saravjnatman s Pancaprakriya

Stig Lundgren slu at bredband.net
Mon Jan 5 18:22:38 CST 2004

Namaskara Srikrishna Ghadiyaram,

> Would someone let me know what this following book
> deals with.
>
> Language and Release : (Saravjnatman s Pancaprakriya)
>
> Ivan Kocmarek.1985  View Details...
> xiv + 147p. Append., Biblio., Index
>   HardBound
> ISBN 8120800044

This book is a translation into English of SarvajnAtman´s work
"PanchaprakriyA", written probably sometime around 950-1000 A.D.
The treatise "PanchaprakriyA" deals with the meaning of the
Mahavakyas, and explains words such as Tat and Tvam. In this
translation, the subtitles of "PanchaprakriyA" are as follows:

I. An Examination of the Uses of Words
II. Explanation of the Great Sentences
III. Explanation of the Meaning of the Words "Tat" and "Tvam"
IV. Explanation of the Subsdiary Sentences
V. The Examination of Bondage and Release

There is also an appendix containing the original Sanskrit text
in Devanagari.

Moreover, there is an introduction by the translator Ivan
Kochmarek, that dwells into the subjects dealt with in the
PachaprakriyA. The subtitles of this introduction are:

I. The Nature and Content of the Text
II. Authorship
III. The Date of Sarvajnatman
IV. Hermeneutics and Metaphysics in Advaita Vedanta
V. Hermeneutics in Sankara, Suresvara and Sarvajnatman
VI. Metaphysics and the Problem of the Locus of Ignorance in
Sankara, Suresvara and Sarvajnatman

Warm regards
Stig Lundgren