[Advaita-l] Re: Shankara Bhashyas

V. Krishnamurthy profvk at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 12 11:07:03 CST 2004

Shri Venkata Subramanian wrote:
i am not sure whether you can read and understand tamil.
If yes, just go to buy Bhagavad Gita
Bhashya translated into Tamil by Sri Sundaraja Sharma.  He
is a one who has learned traditionally
and has translated it well.  Even H.H. Sri Sringeri
Jagadguru sri Sachidananda Shivabhinvava
Nrusimha Bharathy Maha Swamigal has appreciated it.  So as
the Kanchi Paramacharya.  i think
that would be enough of authenticity.

i have personally read the work to some extent.  it is fine
and reliable.
Namaste
I have also read the above book by Sunderaraja Sharma. It
is excellent. It is a close translation of Shankara's
commentary, with explanatory notes off and on by the
author. It is authentic. I  recommend the book to any one
who knows Tamil and is interested in getting into Shankara
Bhashya of the Gita.
I do not have the book right now in my possession here in
the U.S.

PraNAms to all seekers of Truth
profvk

=====
Prof. V. Krishnamurthy
My website on Science and Spirituality is http://www.geocities.com/profvk/
You can  access my book on Gems from the Ocean of Hindu Thought Vision and Practice,  and my father R. Visvanatha Sastri's manuscripts from the site.
Also see the webpages on Paramacharya's Soundaryalahari :
http://www.geocities.com/profvk/gohitvip/DPDS.html