[Advaita-l] Ganesha

Siddhartha Krishna sidha80 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 15 14:27:30 CDT 2004

raised earlier.  I would however request any of the members to give
the names of at least some of the sakhas other than Krishna Yajurveda.

A few other name of some Shakha's are Maadhyandina Shakha and Kanva Shakha
(Shukla Yajurveda) and Katha Shakha and Maitraayani Shakha (Krishna
Yajurveda).
Let me tell you here that Bhagavan Adi Shankaracharya belonged to the Kanva
Shakha of the Shukla Yajurveda and his main disciple Shri Sureshvaracharya
(the first master of the Shringeri) belonged to the Taittiriya Shakha of the
Krishna YajurVeda.
Did you know that the most famous Shakha before around 1000 years in India
was Katha Shakha, which is relatively unknow today. Today the most famous
Shakha of the Yajurveda is the Madhyandina Shakha of the Shukla Yajurveda.
Thank you,
Siddhartha Krishna