[Advaita-l] Need help

Raghavendra Hebbalalu hs_raghavendra at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 14:39:44 CDT 2004

namaste,

There is a very good Tripura Rahasya publication in
Kannada script. It is by vidyAgaNapati prakAshana and
is available in Vedanta book house. This has the
mAhAtmya khaNDa and the jnAna khaNDa with Samskrit
original and a very readable Kannada translation in a
beautiful font. Consisting of nearly 1000 pages, it is
priced at a very low 250Rs. I strongly recommend this
book to all those who can understand Kannada.

The original edition of this work was published in the
early 20th century and the preface to that work also
mentions that the charyA khaNDa, the third one was not
found.

A few online resources mention that the mAhAtmya
khaNDa too is not found and that only the jnAna khaNDa
is available. That is not true as we have the complete
mAhAtmya khaNDa with us.

I don't know if I have answered your question, but the
charyA khaNDa is generally considered missing.

Learned members are welcome to add to this.

Google for this and you should be able to find more
information on this.

dhanyavAdAH,
-rAghavendra