[Advaita-l] How to get an hindu name?

latha vidya lathavidya at yahoo.co.in
Sat Mar 13 20:49:47 CST 2004

Hari Om,
Namaste.

Dear Maria,

Does not Rose called by any other name smell and look as sweet and as beautiful? Maria called by any other name would still be as sweet and innocent. We are all His children. Name is just a collection of letters of an alphabet given to us by our parents to help us get an identity to go on with this business called life. We should not attach undue significance to our names or unduly get attached to it. Just because a person is named Narayana or Srikrishna or Saraswathi or Lakshmi or Latha for that matter, it does not speak anything about his/her religious or spiritual orientation that he/she nurses deep inside the heart. Outwardly our name may give people an idea about our religious affiliation. But what we feel at heart no body need know. It is my personal choice to adhere to whichever Faith that would give me solace and goad me strive towards perfection/divinity. Where is the need to advertise to others which Faith my heart belongs to? Which path I pursue? We dont have to wo
 rry
 about what impression we create in others' mind about our religiosity or spirituality. We need not worry whether others have understood our spiritual orientation in the right sense. As long as my faith helps me to mould me into a better human being who can allow others their space to grow and evolve I need not bother about the name I carry. My goal is to de-identify myself from all these external identity-tags and journey inward to dissolve all identities and merge with the TRUTH.

The Advaita List embraces everybody who enters its portals with open arms and with joy, as its objective is to help every seeker attain Knowledge of Brahman. We are all bound together with the same thirst for Knowledge and no time available to us to scrutinize and dissect the names of our members. Maria or Meera, we have no hassels. We love you and respect you as one of our own tribe.

With Warm Regards,
Namaste,

Latha Vidyaranya

(When we say 'Namaste' we are saluting the Brhman which is within you - Namah Te, not the external persona that you are)

Yahoo! India Promos:  Win a trip for 2 to Britain. Click here.