[Advaita-l] The liberated soul...

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 25 11:47:26 CST 2004

Kiran B R <kiranbr at rocketmail.com> wrote:

>He who comes back to eat juicy jilebis does not cause
>any reduction in the "pUrNa" AnaMda:

He does not need to come back if the only object is to eat juicy jalebis. He
can eat them as soon as he wills so. saMkalpAdeva tu tac chruteH (by mere
will, as said in Sruti)- sUtra 4. 4. 8. As the taittirIya upanishad tells
us, the jnAnI knows, "aham annam ... aham annAdaH ... annam adantam admi" -
I am food ... I am the eater of food ... I eat the eater of food.

For a liberated being, the desire to eat juicy jalebis is satisfied as soon
as it arises, by mere will, being an AptakAma - one whose desires are all
fulfilled. It does not require a return to saMsAra. On the other hand, if
you would want to return to saMsAra just to eat juicy jalebis, then that is
a sure sign that you were not out of saMsAra in the first place!

Vidyasankar