[Advaita-l] Re: anybody in u.k.?

Venkat Shrinivas vsh at verizon.net
Sat Mar 27 10:30:20 CST 2004

Shalini,

There are several choices in London/UK, including:

1. CHINMAYA MISSION (UK)
Signal House,
Lyon Road,
Harrow, Middlesex HA1 2AG. U.K.
TEL: (44-208) 861-2625 FAX: (44-208) 427-5169
E-mail : info at chinmayauk.org
http://www.chinmayauk.org/Study%20Classes/Study%20Classes.htm

2. Ramana Maharshi Foundation UK
53 Broadfield, Broadhurst Gardens,
London, NW6 3BN - Tel. 020 7328 6610
http://www.ramana-maharshi.org.uk/

3. School of Economic Science
11 Mandeville Place
London
W1U 3AJ
Nearest Underground: Bond Street (Central & Jubilee)
Bus:  7, 10, 73, 98
Telephone: 020 7034 4000
http://www.schooleconomicscience.org/

The last name "school of economic sciences" might sound a bit misleading -
but the background information at their web-site
(http://www.schooleconomicscience.org/new/background/background.htm) might
help clarify any confusion. Specifically it states:
"In 1961 the founder and head of the School, Leon MacLaren, made contact
with one of the leading figures of an ancient philosophical and spiritual
tradition in India, Shri Shantananda Saraswati, who was the Shankaracharya
of the northern seat of that tradition. The first meeting in 1965 opened up
a very significant new dimension to the School's studies and practices.
Guidance was received from the Shankaracharya on the study of the ancient
philosophical and scriptural writings of India which form the basis of the
philosophy called Advaita Vedanta, and on the practice of meditation.
Advaita Vedanta is now the foundation of the philosophical teaching
presented by the School."

My wife & I have been students at its sister organization here in Boston,
USA and would highly recommend it. Feel free to contact us directly if you
are interested in talking to some one in UK.

Good luck,
Venkat Shrinivas.