[Advaita-l] RE: brahman and Anandamaya-Atman

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri May 28 01:39:31 CDT 2004

sAShtAnga praNAms Sri Vidyashankar prabhuji
Hare Krishna

1. As far as I can see, Sankara does not give room to think that Anandamaya
koSa is a part of the antaHkaraNa (literally, internal organ, the cognitive
apparatus through which we know). Clearly, manomaya and vijnAnamaya are
aspects of the antaHkaraNa. That said, any experience of happiness is
always
via the antaHkaraNa.

bhaskar :

Thanks for the further clarification.  Yes, shankara does not indicate that
Anandamaya koSa is a part of antaHkaraNa.  But prabhuji, shankara says the
Ananda aspect of Anandamaya koSa is nothing but vikAra of antaHkaraNa.
Prabhuji, to get viShyAnanda, the *experiencer of happiness*  requires
body, senses, prANa, maNobuddhi ahankAra correct prabhuji.  So, bhOktRtva
of bhOktru is subject to change & this changing viShayAnanda is called
Anandamaya koSa (mayat atra vikArArthE druShtaH)  & this is how I
understood shankara's commentary on Anandamaya koSa.  As you said above,
the experience of happiness of AnandamayAtman is through antaHkaraNa & this
happiness entirely depends on viShaya jnAna gained through SarIra, indriya,
prANAntaHkaraNAdi koSa-s.  Kindly correct me if my understanding is wrong.

praNAms onceagain
Your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar