[Advaita-l] Re: Lord Krishna lived for 125 years

Raghavendra N Kalyan kalyan7429 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 11 15:55:00 CDT 2004

Dear Aravind,

I agree with you that Krishna cannot be thought of as having "died" like a bonded jIva. Krishna himself says that it is not a correct idea to think of him as the material body. However, if the mahAbhArata or any purANa refers to Krishna's passing away as "death" (now this is something which I dont know and have not verified), there is nothing wrong in using the word as long as one understands it as "the end of an incarnation" rather than death in the normal sense. I think the Swamiji also might have sanctioned the word in a similar sense.

Message: 2