[Advaita-l] SahasranAma Book

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon Apr 4 15:08:33 CDT 2005

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Ravi Parimi wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I would like to know if this book has commentaries on Bhagavad Gita
> etc.. written in English. I looked up the details of this book on a
> website and it wasn't quite clear if it had commentaries in
> English/Sanskrit or if it is just a compilation of all the works of
> Sri Adi Shankaracharya.

A compilation.  In six volumes it has the prasthana trayi bhashyas, other
bhashyas, prakaranas, shrividya works, and stotras.  A committee of
learned pandits carefully chose the works that could be considered genuine
works of Shankaracharya.

It has been reprinted many times by Samata books, Chennai.