[Advaita-l] Approach to bhagavad-gItA

Ravi Mayavaram ravi at ambaa.org
Wed Apr 13 18:26:42 CDT 2005

When I was reading IshAvAsyopaniShad bhAshya, I found that the key is to
ask the question who is the adhikAri for this. Based on this, AchArya
classifies the work quite neatly based on this and resolves any apparent
conflict.

In the same lines ...

Do you have any guideline that we should bear in mind while approaching
any verse of gItA?

I am of the opinion, that there are somethings specifically directed to
those who are stuck in pravRtti mArga, and that advice  cannot be given
  universal validity  to discount jnAna mArga. Is this correct? Do you
thing taking the same approach and asking who is the adhikAri will hold
good for gItA?

Thank you. If the question is too dumb to address, kindly ignore it.

Ravi

SrimAtre namaH