[Advaita-l] Re: Advaita-l Digest, Vol 28, Issue 5

nageshwar subramanyam saswara at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 13:07:05 CDT 2005

Namaskaram Seshan Narayanan,

In Sanyasa Ashrama when they take sanyasa in the river they used to leave  all the belongings what they have before sanyasa  so at that time the Guru who is going to give the Paramahamsa mantra (  Sanyasa )  he gives the kashaya vastra( Safforn Clothes ) Kamandalam , Dandam  Paduka s etc .Here your Que is Dandam in Sri Vaishnava Sampradayam they use Trianda in Smarta Sampradayam we use one Dandam . One thing  in Sri Vaishnava Sampradayam they have Shikha <Yagnopavitam .Here he Enjoys  all the ashrama And later he comes to This ,But now a days we are some ofthem taking Dierct Sanyasa  .

what is the difference between tridandi and Ekadandi orders of
Sannyasa> Are there any more such clarssifications?

regards

For assistance, contact:
listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org

"There is enough for human's need on this earth but
   there is not enough for human's greed .

         Nageshwara Sastry