[Advaita-l] Mundaka Upanishad

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 16:53:49 CDT 2005

In olden days the fire wood was the essential for 1. to keep the havan
going 2. to provide the necessary heat required for the hermits and 3)
as the fuel for cooking.
It is the duty of the brahmacharies to fetch the fire wood for the day
for the ashram.

If you remember the story of Krishna and Sudama who went together to
forest to fetch the firewood for Sandeepany ashram.

Carying the fire wood is symbolic to indicate the student is ready to
serve since there were no other registration fees or tuition fees for
the students!

Hari OM
Sadananda