[Advaita-l] New member introduction: Chandrashekar Rammohan

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Thu Aug 25 08:52:54 CDT 2005

Hello,

My name is Chandrashekar. I am aged 24 and currently working as a Software
Engineer based out of Boston, Massachusetts. I work for Satyam Computer
Services.I am originally from India. I was born and brought up in Chennai
and our family has close ties with the Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam.  I am very
much interested in the scriptures and especially about the Advaita
Philosophy after a recent discussion in Chennai comparing the 3 schools of
philosophy (Advaita, Dvaita, and Vishita-Dvaita).

I am always of the belief that getting born as a human being is rare and
hence we must make full use of the God-Given intellect to evolve
spiritually. I want to know, the basic premise on which the Advaita school
of thought is based and what are the evidences from the scriptures support
Advaita. I am also interested in knowing the meaning of various works done
by Sri Adi Sankara especially the Bhaja Govindam, Viveka Chudamani.

I would also be interested in taking part in debates/discussions which I
hope will help me understand Sri Sankara's works better and lead me
towards making me a better human being.

Thanking you,

With regards

Chandrashekar