[Advaita-l] My introduction

Neelakanta, Nataraja nataraja.neelakanta at sap.com
Sat Dec 3 04:14:23 CST 2005

Dear Satwiks,

Thank you all for providing me an opportunity to become a member of this
mailing list. My name is Nataraja Neelakanta, and I was introduced into
the group by Mr. Abhishek RK. Here goes my introduction:

Age 			 : 23
Country 		 : India
Background and interests:

I had an upanayana samskaram at garbhastama and since then, I went to
study Rigveda. By Lord Parameshwara's grace, I have completed the entire
of Rigveda Samhita, and in the process of learning Aitareya Brahmana,
Aranyaka and Upanishad. Due to the inspiration and guidance from parents
and my elder brother, all these were possible. Being  national level
vedic scholars, my brother and I were getting scholarship from Central
Govt for Vedic studies. Apart from this, I have also secured first place
in state level vedic competition and exams.

I am now continuing my study in Vedas after a break. I completed Rigveda
prayoga(includes Punyaha, Naandi, Agnimukha, Paitrumedhika) to almost
entirely. Apart from this, I am learning Vikruti paathas and willing to
extend to Shrouta. I have recently started learning Yajurveda, and have
finished learning Mahaanyaasa, Mahaa Naraayana, Taittiriya Upanishad,
Acchidra, Ashwamedha (50 %).

My daily schedule starts with Sandhya, Agni kaarya, Upadeshas and Brahma
Yagna. After that, I have to push into the office at 7:30 a.m, and I
will be usally back by 8:30 pm. After coming back, I perform evening
Sandhya and if possible do adhyayana and go to bed.

Apart from this, I have studied Bhagavadgita, Ramayana, Mahabhaarata and
Bhaagavata, and had an initial look at Advaita Vedaanta. May be I will
learn more after me becoming a member of this list!

All these are possible because of parents and elders blessings and
nevertheless, with Bhagavan Mahaa Vishnu's shower of blessings! After
all, in Taittiriya Upanishad, there is a saying at the end:

Yo maa dadaati sa yi devamaaaa vaaha

Meaning: Whatever is given or taken by anyone, always the giver, the
taker and the given item is always the eternal GOD.

BR,
nattu

Nataraja Neelakanta
Research & Breakthrough Innovation,