[Advaita-l] Guru: branching from "Love Molecule"

Amuthan Arunkumar R aparyap at yahoo.co.in
Sun Dec 11 19:46:29 CST 2005

namo nArAyaNAya!

dear Aditya,

--- Aditya Varun Chadha <adichad at gmail.com> wrote:

> But i believe that vedAnta is for intellectual
> beings, ...

i don't think this is correct. 'vedAnta' is a very
general term. if you specifically had in mind some
j~nAna vichAra when you said 'vedAnta', then it's
fine. but it's better to avoid using a general term
when a more specific term is appropriate.

--- Aditya Varun Chadha <adichad at gmail.com> wrote:

> One does not attain enlightenment either by
> condemning fake gurus or
> acknowledging authentic ones ...

one can get enlightened by acknowledging and serving
an authentic guru. nothing else needs to be done if a
proper guru is found. besides, there are tons of
references in our shAstra-s to people who have
realized the truth through a 'blind-faith' in a proper
guru. more important than intellectual strength is
faith. if the proper guru is chosen, it is not a
problem even if one has blind faith.

but this again brings us back to square one: who is a
proper guru? it is not very difficult to identify the
fakes. it is impossible for an aj~nAni to behave like
a j~nAni. but a j~nAni may behave like an aj~nAni.
this makes it all the more difficult for us to
identify a proper guru.

i feel that when we have the necessary maturity and
yearning for the truth, the proper guru will
automatically manifest himself.

vAsudevaH sarvaM,
aparyAptAmR^itaH.

Amuthan Arunkumar R,