[Advaita-l] My introduction - ViShNuu suukta

Neelakanta, Nataraja nataraja.neelakanta at sap.com
Sun Dec 11 22:28:29 CST 2005

Dear Dr. Yadu and others ,

Pranaams.

Sorry for the very late reply in the discussion. In the context of the
meaning of Yagno vy Vishnuhu ... , I would like to add an interesting
fact ....

There was a real hard Agni upaasaka during the time of the greatest of
all greats of sanyasis, Sri Chandrashekhara Bharathi's (Sringeri)period.
The upaasaka did not even know that there was such a sanyasi, when he
visited Sringeri. Jagadguru gave thirtha and he just had a look at him.
Some time after the upaasaka boarded one of the lodging rooms in
Sringeri, one of the parichaaraka of the mutt came to him and conveyed
this message to the upaasaka :

"There is a separate arrangement made for you and your upaasana. Please
follow me and stay in that place." In the same evening, the upaasaka met
Guruji and surprisingly asked him, how do you know that I am an
upaasaka, to which the HH told him that, by looking at you, one can tell
that you are such a great upaasaka. In that context, he told Yagno vy
Vishnuhu .... Meaning that you are Vishnu .... Because you do so much of
upaasana.

BR,
nattu