[Advaita-l] meera bhai & bhakti

Dr. Yadu Moharir ymoharir at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 09:43:07 CST 2005

Namaste Murli Mohan-Ji:

  My apologies for interjecting.  My comment is only limited to the spelling "Meera bhai".  It should be "Meerabai"  (miiraabaai), because "everyone knows that "bhai means brother, where as "bai" suffix designates a women.

  That is why Sanskrit grammar tells us:

  anaxara.m hataayuShyaM vissvaraM visvaraM vyaadhipiiDitam |
axataa shastra ruupeNa vajraM patati mastake

  Liberal overall Meaning - If the swara (vowel) gets altered then it changes the meaning (even changes the gender), however, if the root verb changes it brings death to the yajamaana (axataa that were meant for protection becomes the vajra).

  Again my apologies for interjecting.

  Regards,

  Dr. Yadu

  murali mohan <murali_mohan at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Today saw an old Meera bhai movie. Got these doubts. Meera, again like Gopis, discarded her husband and was singing and dancing all the time. Whereas Krishna in Gita cautioned everyone aginst abandoning ones duties and that one can reach him thru nishkama karma.