[Advaita-l] Is an ISvara compatible with advaita vedAnta?

Amuthan Arunkumar R aparyap at yahoo.co.in
Mon Feb 14 07:40:50 CST 2005

namo nArAyaNAya

dear SrI bhAskar,

>-- bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com wrote:

> jnAni's vyavahAra will be with a sublated (bhAdita
> jnAna)  knowledge of
> world!!

that a sublated knowledge of the "world" will exist
for a jN.Ani is precisely the point questioned.

> It does not anyway mean after the dawn of
> knowledge world should
> disappear in a thin air... Dont we see the *blue
> sky* even after realising
> blueness actually does not belong to sky??  It is
> all about *avagati* not
> prapancha laya per se...

the above analogy does not apply here. the reasons why
it is not applicable is clearly mentioned by SrI
rAmAnujAcArya. i've mentioned the criticism of the
above argument by SrI rAmAnujAcArya in my previous
mail.

essentially, it reduces to the following question :
what exactly is bAdhita jN.Ana?

hari sarvatra,
aparyAptAmr.ta

 --- bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com wrote:

> a closely related question is : how can a
> world exist at all for a jN.Ani?
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> jnAni's vyavahAra will be with a sublated (bhAdita
> jnAna)  knowledge of
> world!!  It does not anyway mean after the dawn of
> knowledge world should
> disappear in a thin air... Dont we see the *blue
> sky* even after realising
> blueness actually does not belong to sky??  It is
> all about *avagati* not
> prapancha laya per se...
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

> Need assistance? Contact:
> listmaster at advaita-vedanta.org

=====
Amuthan Arunkumar R,
Department of Aerospace Engineering,
Indian Institute of Technology Madras.

Address : 327, Tapti Hostel, IIT Madras.

Ph : 9840482709