[Advaita-l] janmana jaayate shUdraH

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Tue Feb 15 00:35:42 CST 2005

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005, Srikrishna Ghadiyaram wrote:

> level of giving them recognition of the lapses of the
> previous society, but not to make them as part of one
> of the 4 castes or even ONE caste, even at the level
> of a secular society i.e spiritual karma as per one's
> tradition but equal in democracy, knowing fully well
> that we have no choice at this stage of society.

There is no place on planet earth where the poor are equal to the rich.
Democracy or otherwise.

>Still  we are interpreting Dharma in terms of the old
> scriptures, and not according to new order of reality.

The new order of reality can jump in a lake.  I adjust the order of
reality to fit my own needs as all free men do.

> I do not know when will a brAhmaNa who so claims will
> get to do his duties prescribed for him in the Dharma
> sastras !! When will he be compassionate and
> charitable and have self-ralization as his sole goal,
> and works to help all the other castes and creatures
> without claiming spremacy. If that day comes, yes then
> you can have a society modelled around the 4 varna
> system.

Stop worrying about society and do your own duty.  Then society will take
care of itself.  As for me, my conscience is clear.

It's a boy! See the pictures - http://www.braincells.com/nilagriva/