[Advaita-l] Translating taittiriiya brahmaNa

Ravi Mayavaram ravi at ambaa.org
Tue Feb 22 16:14:51 CST 2005

A) Are they any existing translations? If yes, are they good?

B) If not, are there resources in India who will translate it for a fee
  and so that it can be made available on the Web.

A contact I know was interested in funding this effort and he was
contacted by someone from India charging Rs. 50,000/month and at least
three months of work. I feel it is rip off. Plus, one has to verify the
qualifications of whoever claims to translate.

My suggestion was to get in touch R.K. Math and work with one of the
Swamiji's to execute the work. R.K. Mission would like to publish it. If
they do that then, it is indeed a big win-win.

Any suggestions in this regards would be welcome. Please send your
response by private mail to me, unless you what you have to say will
benefit members at large.

Thanks in advance.

Ravi