[Advaita-l] Dear V. Subrahmanian ji,

sidha at omkarananda-ashram.org sidha at omkarananda-ashram.org
Fri Feb 25 12:58:33 CST 2005

Dear V. Subrahmanian ji,
The only thing I could think about what you mentioned in your mail is the
following statement.
"There was once a student who never became a mathematician because he
blindly remembered the answers he found at the end of his math textbook -
and, ironically, the answers were correct."
Please don't forget that Upanishads, in which all is mentioned very
clearly the way you want it to be, is also called Vedanta (the end of the
Veda).
Ask a Sufi Mystic why he uses the term "wine" for the bliss of
self-realization. A mystery can only be described in mysterious words. The
words of the Vedas make us to search within our own self. They are "niNyA
vacAmsi" concealed/covered speech. Even though it is for the entire
humanity, it is only for those who are ready for it. Christ says, "The
reason I talk to them in parables is that they look without seeing and
listen without hearing or understanding." (Mt. 13-13)
The Veda itself states, "Some are unable to see it even though they see
it, some are unable to hear it even though they hear it, it is only the
chosen few before whom this divine speech reveals itself" (Rig-veda
1-71-4). And "The one who is hidden in the letters of the Mantras from the
Rigveda and in the Supreme Space (within our heart), in Him all the
divinities reside. A person who doesn't know Him, what will he do with the
Mantras of the Rig-veda (they are useless to him), but indeed, who knows
Him, becomes established in these Mantras." (Rig-veda 1-164-39)
The best way to describe the truth that is indescribable is to describe it
in symbols. Such symbolism we see in all ancient and modern religions.
I personally think that the undescribable Supreme Truth couldn't have been
described in a better way than as described in the Rig-veda. But, indeed,
God's grace, Scriptures grace, Acharya's grace and our own grace, all
these 4 graces are essential to understand this hidden truth.
The Vedic wisdom transcends time and space. It is eternal. One needs to
ascend into those heights from where they come, only then they can be
understood. Our disability in understanding them doesn't lie with
Kaliyuga, it lies within us. It is our lack of enthusiasm, lack of
hard-work and the great burning desire to understand the transcendental
truth. If all this even lacks in the Sat-yuga, one might not be able to
understand the truth.
Love and Respect,
Siddhartha Krishna