2 posts per day ( was Re: [Advaita-l] RE: Vedic Shakhas for kshatriyas and vaishyas?)

Ravisankar Mayavaram abhayambika at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 10:28:57 CST 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 15:49:27 -0800 (PST), S Jayanarayanan
<sjayana at yahoo.com> wrote:

> PS: I realize that this is my third posting today and is against the
> list rule that allows only 2 posts per person per day, but since Satish
> Arigela has also posted three times today, I see nothing wrong in
> replying to him.

Hi Kartik:

Yes, some  do not adhere to that.  I think it is better to adhere to
that on a voluntary basis. Or at least restrict oneself to 1 post per
thread. We introduced this measure when we had that Advaita vs dvaita
debate.  It gives more time to think and respond, rather replying on
the fly like a chat board, and it becomes worse when the replies start
getting nasty.

As one of the moderators, I am not going to enforce this strictly*.
But I am strongly in favor of it though, it was a brilliant idea
proposed by Vidyasankar during the time of the Advaita/dvaita debate
to bring some sense of sanity to the list. I think advaita-L needs
this measure. We wrote a FAQ on this, if I find that file, I will post
it once in a while.

With best regards,

Ravi

* unless matters get out of hand