[Advaita-l] Vishnu Suri - Rudram

Ravisankar Mayavaram abhayambika at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 10:39:15 CST 2005

Book details:

Swami Amritananda, "Sri Rudram and Purusha Suktam - A Contemplative
Study", Ramakrishna Math, Chennai, 1997.  (181+ pages, and Price Rs.
40)

Regading the texts in mantrapushpam: If you look in audio section, you
will find tapes by Swami  Chidananda.  I see titles such as "Vedic
Suktas", "Veda Patha", "Upanishad Chanting 1&2", etc. This should
cover some of the texts in the book. There are other places where you
can get chanting of "mahAnArayanopanishad" etc. (e.g Veda Prasar
Samiti - http://vedchant.com/; I have their complete K.Yajur Veda). I
dont have the cassettes from RK Math, but I have the MP3 CDs from Veda
Prasar Samiti.  Latter is very good, but I have listened only to
rudram and mahanArayanopanishad portions of the MP3 CDs.

But as with all tapes, I sometimes find it difficult to discern
anudAtta  clearly in most of the recordings.  Only a few I have
exaggerate it enough for a lay listener like me to catch it. I could
even do this *only after* learning in person from a teacher.

Ravisankar