[Advaita-l] Re: yoga and vedanta

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Jul 20 23:07:27 CDT 2005

Humble sAshtAnga praNAms to my guruji Sri Vidyashankar Sundaresan prabhuji
& Sri Jaldhar Vyas prabhuji on this very auspicious day of guru poorNima.

Hare Krishna

Sri VS prabhuji :

Well, differing from Sankara and/or sureSvara on certain individual points
does not mean that an AchArya like madhusUdana sarasvatI is not a proper
representative of the sampradAya.

bhaskar :

prabhuji your observation that *certain individual points* of shankara &
surEshvara is really interesting. Kindly clarify whether shankara
propagated anywhere his own *individual points* without taking care of
shruti siddhAnta prabhuji.  If shankara's individual points are completely
in order with shruti...how can then madhusUdana a true representative of
advaita differs from it??

Kindly, prabhuji, if possible give the detailed account of those
differences between shankara & madhusUdana & madhusUdana's justification
for it.

Sri VS prabhuji:

We must remember that in the bR^ihadAraNyaka bhAshya vArttika, even
sureSvara differs from Sankara, and explicitly so.

bhaskar :

Thats interesting too!!! my parama guruji Sri satchidAnandEndra saraswati
firmly believes that Sri sureshwara is the only advaita AchArya who is true
to shankara siddhAnta...please give me the specific references to enable me
to take up with my guruji.

Vidyasankar

sadguru pAdarENu
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!