[Advaita-l] New member introduction: Sunil Kumar

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sun Jul 24 07:54:06 CDT 2005

FELLOW ADVAITINS,
I hesitate to answer this request, for to introduce myself to other fellow
advaita vedanta lovers is not like how we introduce ourself to the world
in Vyavaharik sense....So I will attempt to answer this question the best
way I can.....I have a firm conviction and have accepted the postulate "I
AM BRAHMAN" That is why I choose to have an Id Brahman as my email. I have
been a seeker of truth from early childhood and have found vedanta very
early in my life. My journey of spirituality took me to many organisations
like radha swami, bal yogeswar, sai baba, swami chinmaya nanda mission,
DAsnami akharas, christianity,, shringari matha, badrinarain matha,ramana
maharish, nisargadatta mahraj, many other eastern philosopies and and
western thoughts.The journey has been truely colurfull..I am an NRI
.....medical doctor........with a burning desire for liberation while
living. I have read many vedanta scriptures and continue to do so even
now....My favorite ones are avadoota gita, astavakra sanghita, jeevanmukta
viveka, and most writtings of Adi- Shankaracharya ji I am on a crossroad
now ...I am looking for a brahmaleena outer Sannyasi Guru. who is
steadfast In brahman to intiate me into sannyasa. That is why this list is
Important to be for I have gone as far as I could have gonne as
householder regading Brahma Gyana and now I wish to plunge into
Sannyasa.........I wish to hear views from learned members about their
views in Continuing Brahma Nishta and staying as householders in present
society verses those who think sannyasa is still relevant for True and
dedicated student even now , even in the present times and environment. In
short I am a Vedantist for over 30 years with wonderfull stillness a
degree of brahmagyana and degree of liberation but not
staedfast...........I have used the word I many times and to you my fellow
advaitins This is a crime for BRahman lovers . But as Ramesh Balsekar puts
it so well knowing ego to be untrue and I to be untrue, still go on using
it, for convinense of expression and as necessity for day to day
communication. Finally a request "I AM LOOKING FOR A GURU WHO IS BRAHMA
LEENA WITH STEADFASTNESS HE HAS TO BE A SANNYASI ,WHO IS WILLING TO GIVE
SANNYASA DIKSHA, NOT INTERESTED IN GURUS WHO PROMOTE BRAHMAGYAN FOR
HOUSEHOLDERS...DONE IT!! AND KNOW ITS LIMITATIONS!!"...........Well what
else.............Aham Brahmasmi, Ayam ekam Brahman, Om satchitekam
brahman, Tattwa masi,