[Advaita-l] HINDU BOOKS

tainakristina at netti.fi tainakristina at netti.fi
Thu Jul 28 03:47:51 CDT 2005

> I'm so sorry for the short notice but i've been so busy I almost forgot to
> write to you.  I am coming to Finland from July 9 - July 18 to speak at a
> technical conference at Technical University of Helsinki.  I remember you
> wanted some books, records, and such things and if you give me a list of
> what you want, I'll try to bring some.  I am going to be really busy but
> if you give me your postal address, I'll mail them to you when I am there.
>
> --

I'm so sorry for the short notice but i've been so busy I almost forgot
to write to you. I am coming to Finland from July 9 - July 18 to speak
at a technical conference at Technical University of Helsinki. I
remember you wanted some books, records, and such things and if you give
me a list of what you want, I'll try to bring some. I am going to be
really busy but if you give me your postal address, I'll mail them to
you when I am there.
-- Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at braincells.com>

Dear Jaldhar,

Thank you very much for your good think to help me with Hindu things!
How sad thing; I have been problems to read my email daily and I found
your message only today and you have already travelled away from
Finland! So it is now too late.

I have read short Sri Ramana's text in which have selected verses from
Yoga Vasishta, Ribhu Gita, Shankara's works etc. I only wanted to read
more widely. I have heart there have more book about Yoga Vasihta
available. Also Kaivalya Naveeta interest me. I also like veda books,
agamas etc. Also I have interested Indian classical music, upanishads
chanting, mantras. My difficulties is I am not regular work so I have
now possible to pay my shoppings by credit card. There have no
Hindu-books and music available in Finland.

But I hope if someone from this list will posible visit in Finland
he/she would kindly info me so I would sent list of items and pay my and
I would pay my shoppings to sender's bank-account.

I really love Hindu scriptures and culture, music, sometimes I think to
living in Finland my ability to reach scriptures etc, are rather more
difficult regarding I have to read very slowly and safe dictionary book
to could understand scriptures clearly. But during many years I have
learned to read and write english rather good.

I have earlier succed to get two Shiva Cd's which I bought my earlier
friend's credit card. They sounds so powerful I listen them almost every
day.

I wanted to ask: Have available words to shiva music. Same is with
upanishads, expecially taittiriya upanishad. So I would follow singing
and chanting. Somehow I have learned them but some words I don't hear
clearly so I cannot repeat them in correct way. Maybe there have webpage
from which I would find sanskrit words which have for example wrote in
this mode "mokshatam mouna, narayana namo namah.." I cannot read
original sanskrit letters.

Forexample thesekind: Features:

Shiva Manas Puja

Bhavanyastakam

Shivoham

Atmastakam

Lingasthakam

Om Nama Shivaya

I am sorry my bad english, sometimes I have feeling I cannot say what I
mean but hopely you understand even some way.

with best wishes

taina

__
Saunalahti Xtra - Uusi GSM-vuokrapuhelin ja edistykselliset Xtra-palvelut käyttöösi alk. 4,95 e/kk! http://saunalahti.fi/xtra/