[Advaita-l] Advaitic position vis-a-vis cosmo-genesis &naturalistic evolution,

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 12:31:26 CDT 2005

Pranams:
 Your article was quite coherent and insightful so even if you think
otherwise, you faculties appear quite sharp and bright to us or more
accurately, to me. Your thread appears quite in tune with a thread I had
started "Noumenon from Phenomenon" and your need for arriving at Advaita
from a purely scientific view is laudable and also what today's youth would
require, nay demand. I have read "The Self Aware Universe" but I can point
you to some other books that I know of (in additon to the ones that Dr.
Goswami has mentioned in his interview) that carry a similar thread:
 1. N.C.Panda, The Vibrating Universe, Motilal Banarsidass, Delhi 1995, 2000

2. N.C. Panda, Maya in Physics, Motilal Banarsidass, Dehli 1991
3. Fred Hoyle, The Intelligent Universe, Michael Joseph Limited, London,
1983
4. Roger Penrose Shadows of the Mind. New York: Oxford University Press,
1994
 The above require a physics as a background but if you are interested in
the biological perspective, a very good book is:
 1. Christof Koch, The Quest for Consiousness, Roberts & Company, 2003
 Maybe they might help you in your quest for answers and your postings might
help us all find more conclusive answers to our questions...
 Wishing you well for better times,
 Humble pranams, Mahesh