[Advaita-l] logic and shastra

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 11:48:05 CDT 2005

Pranams:
 Welcome back. Hope you had a good vacation!
 >> The beauty of science comes from believing with closed eyes that
electrons
>> revolve around the nucleus, etc, and that can't really be pratyaksha too!
:)
 But it can be anumana!
 >> I forget the name of the scientist who said something to the effect that
>> "whats proven in a lab is no proof at all".
 But at least is can't be shown wrong (till a newer truth comes along) by
means of knowledge that we have have currently..
 >> The GUT (grand unification theory) supports the argument that there is
something thats common
>> between all the acting energies and they're trying to find what.
 But do they take the support of any sruti in all this?
 >> This commonness may well be called consciousness or something else, it
still remains so!
 That it's consciousness is pure conjecture!
 Humble pranams, Mahesh