[Advaita-l] shakti pithas

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Thu Jun 23 11:08:26 CDT 2005

Seshan Narayanan wrote:

> Kanchipuram was called the Oudyana peeta if I am not wrong...

I would be interested to know your sources and reasons for these sites.
The evidence I've seen so far from Hindu and Buddhist tantric
sources suggests the 4 pithas are aligned on the axis of the Himalayas and
Odayana was either in the Swat valley area of what is now Pakistan or even
Afghanistan.  (Both of which were culturally part of India in those days.)