[Advaita-l] Kundalini as a product of not-yet-understood biol ogy?

Mahesh Ursekar mahesh.ursekar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 00:07:59 CST 2005

Pranams:

What I understand from Jaldharji and Praveenji, is that both of you
choose the Jnana Marg as the primary path for realization. Sri
Ramakrishna mentions "Neti, Neti" in this regard while Sri Ramana
Maharshi chooses "Nan Yar" (Who am I?) as a means for acheiving this.
However, as you are aware, this is the most difficult path of the 4
possible (Jnana, Bhakti, Karma, Raja) but not exclusive paths for
realization.

Both of you say that all beings to a certain degree are realized
(being concious as all are). Maybe I was too simplistic in my defining
Brahman as a state to reach which is different from what we currently
are in. But, then again, I would like also mention that the Brahman is
the fourth state (waking, dream & dreamless sleep being the other
three) of turiya or superconciousness which is pure conciousness
undefiled by the ego.

So, Jnana is a means to get to Brahman but Brahman is beyond Jnana. In
my opinion, Bhakti is the easier means to get there. In Bhakti, one is
purifying the self by means of divine love and Brahman is closer to
love than reason. As is commonly experienced, where love exists,
reason falls short or said another way "the heart has its ways which
the mind can seldom understand".

In closing, one final question: From what I have read, realization is
only possible when the Kundalini is raised to the crown chakra or
Samadhi is achieved. Do you both agree to this? According to
Praveenji, I understand, Samadhi without Jnana is meaningliess since
Samadhi is happening all the time but we don't realize it. But is the
opposite possible i.e. can there be realization with Jnana alone and
without Samadhi?

Regards, Mahesh

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:23:10 -0800, praveen.r.bhat at exgate.tek.com