[Advaita-l] Science and Vedantha

Amuthan Arunkumar R aparyap at yahoo.co.in
Wed Nov 30 00:04:43 CST 2005

namo nArAyaNAya!

hi Aditya,

 that was a good mail.  i completely agree with u that
it does take some amount of intellectual effort to
appreciate the limitations of the intellect. in fact,
it is precisely for the reason that pure math is  a
"strict" and "honest" discipline that i fell in love
with it a few years back when i first got exposed to
it.

 it will be interesting to compare the beautiful
subject of modern logic and our ancient system of
tarka / nyAya. i'm sure that will give a lot of
clarity and insight to the way we approach vedAnta. it
may also give new and simpler ways to solve difficult
issues in vedAnta. does anyone know of any modern work
that analyzes vedAnta using the rigor of modern logic
or one that compares modern logic with nyAya? if that
has not been done, then it's a definitely worthwile
stuff to do and the sooner it's done, the better.

 vAsudevaH sarvaM,
 aparyAptAmR^itaH.

 P.S. : Aditya, can we meet sometime to discuss this?
it's funny that we never discussed this subject when
we met earlier though we seem to have similar ideas on
this. all my exams and blah blah blah... get over by
monday. how about u? reply off the list. either i'll
come to ur room or u can come to mine or we can park
at gurunath.

--- Aditya Varun Chadha <adichad at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> this mail is a bit of a digression from the usual
> frame of reference
> on this email list, but i couldn't resist the
> opportunity i saw.

Amuthan Arunkumar R,
Final year, B.Tech/M.Tech Dual Degree,
Dept. of Aerospace Engg., IIT Madras.