[Advaita-l] 'End' not 'Means'

Aditya Varun Chadha adichad at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 07:11:01 CDT 2006

On 4/24/06, Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at braincells.com> wrote:
> It is an open-and-shut case.  The problem is some people are arguing a
> different case.  There is also no need for debate when we can't agree
> what we're debating!  In any case, the point Manish was making was
> adressed in the very first reply.  I don't feel the need to restate it
> when there are other more interesting topics to discuss.

The case of WHAT the tradition says about something like recitation of
the vedas by women was solved as soon as the relevent scriptures
became accepted into the traditional canon. The case of WHY the
tradition is what it is, was never a solved case. And I don't see it
being solved for a long time, longer if we refuse to discuss it.

--
Aditya Varun Chadha | http://www.adichad.com | +91 9840076411 (M)
Room#1024, Cauvery Hostel | IIT Madras | Chennai - 600036 | India