[Advaita-l] Re: Questions on Isavasya

Lakshminarayana narayana_kl_71 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 6 01:15:43 CDT 2006

Namaste,

> The worlds that are said to be andhaM tamas are
> attained as a result of
> performing karma-s. On the other hand, amRta refers
> not to the devaloka-s,
> but to attaining brahmaloka in stages (krama-mukti),
> as a result of
> following the upAsana-s leading to brahmaloka.

I am not sure I understand this. Swami Gambhirananda's
translation says  "amRtam : immortality,
identification with the deities - that very fact of
becoming one with the gods being called immortality."
How does krama-mukti come into the picture here?

Can you also tell me what is the difference between a
vArtika, vRtti and TIka? Are there any translations of
these available? Is it possible to learn sanskrit and
advaita-vedAnta (in its original language)
simultaneously? Thanks.