[Advaita-l] oldest text considering everyone as oneself

Abhishek RK rkabhi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 05:07:02 CDT 2006

Namaste,

On 8/10/06, Krunal Makwana <krunalmakwana at hotmail.com> wrote:

> namo nArAyana
>
> Dear Abhishekji,
>
> Could you please give a translation of the verse you had quoted in your
>
> > sadAshiva samArambhaM sha~NkarAchArya madhyamaM|

> asmadAchArya paryantaM vande guru paramparaM||
> Also out of curiosity can you (or other list members) please clarify where
> the above shloka is from.Kind regards,Krunal

"I salute the Guru parampara which starts with Sadashiva, with
Shankaracharya in the middle and includes all the other Acharyas".

This shloka is usually chanted in the smArta sampradAya, but other
sampradAyas have similar shlokas to pay their respects to their lineages. I
don't know if there is any source as such.

Regards,
Abhishek