[Advaita-l] sAyaNa vs shAyaNa

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 12:41:06 CDT 2006

Sorry for the late reply. I have been very busy with work. I had
already verfied with MW that it's sAyaNa. I had adopted shAyaNa a
while back, since I had read in some book that this is one of the
variations on that name. In fact I remember reading from the book that
shAyaNa is the original anme and not sAyaNa. Unfortunately, I am
unable to find the source now. So I'll switch to sAyaNa, which seems
to be a more common usage.

Rama