[Advaita-l] Self-knowledge

bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Feb 2 06:59:30 CST 2006

praNAms Sri Amuthan prabhuji
Hare Krishna

AA prabhuji:

for a brahmavit, avidyA is not completely removed
though he has a first hand knowledge of brahman.

bhaskar :

I am not able to get this statement of yours...coz. shruti says *brahmavit
brahmaiva bhavati*...you mean to say here even after brahma jnAna / after
*becoming* brahman ...there is room for residue of avidyA??

AA prabhuji:

AtmAnAtma viveka and is referred to as tattva j~nAna. but technically, this
is not jIvanmukti.

bhaskar :

prabhuji, then kindly elaborate what is jIvanmukti ...Sri vidyAshankara
prabhuji differentiates jIvan mukti & sadyO mukti...do you mean here sadyO
mukti is not possible when jnAni is in sharIra??  by the way, Atma jnAna
pertains to svarUpa jnAna not anyway relevant to our sharIra..under this
circumstance, how does it matter whether jnAni is with body or without body
to ascertain his pUrNatva ??

Kindly pardon my intrusion...

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar