[Advaita-l] Re: Prof SKRamachandra Rao - message 9

Ramakrishnan Balasubramanian rama.balasubramanian at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 19:00:43 CST 2006

Thanks! I have no doubt he was a versatile scholar.

I have read only his translation of the adhyaasa bhaaShya. I picked it
up at the Samata book store in Madras about 4 years back, since I
thought it might be interesting. I was disappointed. Anyway, I knew
nothing about him, but it was obvious he was a Maadhva or at least
heavily influenced by Maadhva after I read the book. I might say "you
can get someone out of dvaita, but you cannot get dvaita out of him"
:-). No offense intended to anyone.

Of course he does dedicate the book to his gurus chandrashekhra
bhaaratii svaamigal and mahaasannidhaanam. Although he dows add the
"probably wouldn't approve what he is writing in that book".

Rama