[Advaita-l] How can I find

RAMESH RAMANAN rameshramanan at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 04:26:39 CST 2006

Hi!
  A beginnner in Vedanta needs to have an expert guide. Otherwise, it will be a case of the blind leading the blind and both falling into the ditch. I suggest that you visit Ramana Maharishi's website http://www.ramana-maharshi.org/ and freely download many of his teachings froam the downloads page on the website, which are in simple and plain English. You need to have adobe acrobat reader installed on your computer to view the pdf files. and you can download and install the same acrobat reader free from www.adobe.com.

  I think Sri Ramana Maharihi, who was a great sage of south India could be a real and perfect living guide (impersonal, but his teachings are universally and eternally applicable). In fact, many foreigners to Indian philosophy have benefited from Sri Ramana's teachings. You may read Paul Brunton's "A Search in Secret India," in which he recounts his experiences with Indian saints and sages including Sri Ramana.

  Other living teachers and novices, beginners, etc, like the one who has been recommended by someone may not judge your capacity, talent, weakness etc and may overload you with philosophic stuff, in their over-eagerness to help, that you may not be able to grasp in the beginning. Best of all, keep communicating with the board members regularly about your doubts and we on the board will do our best to help you. The board is all for more serious and interested members and new entrants are always welcome, provided they are serious about acquiring knowledge. Best wishes, Ramesh