[Advaita-l] New member introduction: Siva Senani Nori

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon Feb 27 08:38:22 CST 2006

I am N. Siva Senani from Hyderabad juggling with consulting (more properly
part time work with dear friends), samskrit-learning, and consistent
failures in trying to acquire saadhana-sampatti. I daresay that I have a
basic acquaintance with advaita's teachings, but I failed in my first
attempt to tackle the Brahma Sutras, Saariraka Meemaamsa, and a gloss on
it by my fathers' guru. I will be happy if I can control anger amongst the
six enemies to start with and am otherwise presently trying to imbibe the
practical tenets of our tradition. All this is kind of taking me away from
a second and more attempts at the BS Bhashyam and the Pr. Trayii, but I
hope subscription to lists such as this would keep the connection alive.

Personal details: 35; married to Pavani, 30; blessed with Sarmishtha (5)
and Pooshan (2). My forefathers subscribed to the advaitic view, and till
I know better I do the same; but hopefully someday, I will believe because
I understand and experience. At the practical level, the philosophy of
Yoga Vaasishtam seems fine to me.

Regards
N. Siva Senani